Hello hot summer! Have I got something to cool you off!
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
We’ve been flirting with 90° temps here in Georgia.
A few afternoon thunderstorms, starry nights and fireflies galore! It’s officially summer, even though the calendar might not agree!
- 3 C fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C whole milk
- 3 C heavy cream
- 1t vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix 1/2 C of sugar with the strawberries, stir gently. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Strain, [br]reserve juices and mash strawberries.
- Using a mixing bowl combine milk and 1 C of sugar, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream, mashed strawberries, vanilla extract and reserved juices.
- Turn on your ice cream maker, add the mixture. Let the mix thicken. My machine takes about 25 [br]minutes.
- Use a plastic straw to remove the stems
- Use an egg slicer to slice the berries.
- Add Butter Waffle Cookies and sliced strawberries to garnish.
It’s not a party…
it’s a simple dessert, with a beautiful fruit served in pretty refreshing green tint bowls.
You’re thinking about it aren’t you?
Click for more Refreshing Recipes.
Here’s the Ice Cream Maker that I have, this is my Amazon affiliate link.