Today our Decor Enthusiast Bloggers are sharing ideas for creating the farmhouse look for your home. You will find the links to their awesome posts at the bottom.
I’m sharing a farmhouse wall treatment:
Recently I had an opportunity to work on a feature wall for my niece, she fell in love with my barn wood wall. I was able to partner with Stikwood to give her the modern farmhouse look that she’s going for. She is very creative and loves adding fun and beautiful touches to her home. They’re currently in the remodeling mode, hopefully in a few months I will be able to share her home tour!
Quick and easy farmhouse wall treatment…
- using a level, draw a line across the wall to start applying the wood
- remove backing (there are 3 strips of adhesive on the back of the wood)
- carefully line up your piece of wood on the level line and press in to place
- continue moving across the wall
- Finish by replacing molding trim
- level and pencil to draw a line
- saw (the wood is thin and easy to cut – I used my Rockwell Bladrunner)
- Screw driver (to remove electrical plates)
- Crow bar to remove molding
The room looks totally different now! Here’s the before:
If you want to create a focal wall and add rustic interest in one afternoon, this farmhouse wall treatment is perfect!
If you love this Stikwood wall treatment, check out the wall I did in the basement:
Click to see: Barn wood Wall Treatment in the basement:
Check out the farmhouse ideas:
Refresh Restyle Me 😉
Don’t forget to join the challenge on Instagram this month #DecorEnthusiastStyle #FarmHouseDecor
Join us on Instagram (click on each name):
Are you following the Decor Enthusiast Facebook Group? We have so much fun over there. It’s a place to share your decorating & DIY adventures as well as ask advice! We’d love to have you! Just remember….it’s a nice group…no negativity allowed. You can find it HERE. Share your farmhouse decor with us in the group!