Home for the HolidaysThis post is sponsored by Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart.
It’s my favorite time of the year! I love holiday entertaining.
Let me show you what I did with a few new items, some of my old stuff and a few of my entertaining tips!
Have you seen the BHG items available at Walmart? I’m honored to be a part of the BHG Live Better Network and today I’m sharing some of my favorite items that I used to prep my buffet for holiday entertaining.
My number one holiday entertaining tip is keep it simple, don’t host a fancy sit down meal or cook for days. Self-serve buffet-style is so much easier.
- Set out the dinnerware, drinks and utensils on the buffet.
- Use tried and true recipes.
- Serve cocktails/mock-tails and hors d’oeuvres.
- A dedicated space for serving is great, use an old buffet or something like this BHG Buffet.
I love mixing my antique milk glass punch cups with my Better Homes and Gardens Square Dinnerware .
Serve store bought apple cider dressed up with apple and orange slices, it is delicious.
A Mason Jar Drink dispenser and punch cups corralled on a tray.
- Light up the area, I used two BHG Rustic Lamps with awesome burlap shades and a couple of candles in old silver pieces.
- With a yard of fabric, cut to form napkins and I wrapped everything with burlap ribbon. Perfect for casual get togethers.
- Easy decor – one swag of evergreen, draped across the back of the server.
- An old window with a chalkboard and a red berry wreath or whatever you have on hand.
- Simple, no stress, use what you have to decorate.
- After the party is over, just replace all the serve-ware with a few candles!
Enjoy the holidays, spend time with friends and family.
Source list of items that I used, most of them were purchased at Walmart:
Better Homes and Gardens Tray purchased in the store. $7.96
Better Homes and Gardens Mason Jar Wire Basket also purchased in the store. I’ve had this so long, I can’t remember how much it was 🙂
Keep up with BHG at Walmart right here: