I love focaccia bread and it’s easier to make than you think!
I’m sharing a quick and easy recipe that you can make today and enjoy tonight! You don’t need a bread machine or fancy equipment, just a bowl and your hands!
Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t yeast
- 1 t honey or 1 t sugar
- 6 T olive oil
- 5/8 cup warm water
- Cherry tomatoes sea salt, rosemary, to garnish
- Place flour, salt, yeast in a bowl and mix.
- Make a well in the center and add 3 T olive oil and 1 t honey (or sugar).
- Knead with the warm water, for 10 mins. Dust with flour if it feels sticky.
- Add 3 T olive oil to another bowl, smooth the dough into a ball, dip in the olive oil turning so it’s coated all over. Cover the bowl and let it set until it doubles in size, this will take about and hour.
- Place dough on a cookie sheet, with your hands underneath the dough, stretch it out slightly. Add 1 T of olive on top of the dough. Use your finger tips to create dimples on the surface.
- Let it rise 30-45 minutes and sprinkle with sea salt, add cherry tomatoes and rosemary. (I tossed the cherry tomatoes in olive oil and spices and then sliced them before I added them to the top of the dough.)
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes.
Prep time does not include rise time.
Optional: Mix olive oil with rosemary and thyme for a dip.