Today I am sharing my Gingerbread House Snow Globe.
Be sure to check out all the ideas at the bottom of the post!
I purchased everything from Dollar Tree except the ribbon and tape, I already had them in my tiny/huge craft stash.
You can use them individually or stack them. These
- Gingerbread house
- Small fish bowl shaped candle holder (my store had 2 sizes, either will work).
- Paper Coaster
- Faux Snow
- Glue gun/glue sticks
- Twist off bottle cap (for additional height).
- Remove backing from one side of the coaster, this is very easy. At this point you could paint it, but I just left it natural.
- Glue a twist off bottle cap to the center of the coaster.
- Add hot glue to the top of the cap.
- Add glue to the bottom of the gingerbread house, press down a little to secure the house to the cap.
- Press down a little to secure the house to the cap.
- Add faux snow to the candle holder, turn house upside down centering in the candle holder.
- Add a bead of glue to secure house to the coaster and cover with ribbon or washi tape.
Tip… Placing the gingerbread house on top of the bottle cap allows the snow to be under the house a little. It’s visually more pleasing than just gluing the house to the coaster…I tried that too.
They look great on the Christmas table.
You could even give them to your guests as gifts.
Or perch them on top of candle holders, I love the snowy scene that it adds to my centerpiece.
This may be the only snow that I see in south Alabama this winter!
See all of the Dollar Store ideas:
Dollar Store New Year Eve’s Decorations Mad In Crafts
Dollar Store Bathroom Tray The DIY Bungalow
Hot Chocolate In a Jar Gift Idea The Country Chic Cottage
Dollar Store Nutcracker Makeover The DIY Village
Dollar Store Garland Christmas Tree My Repurposed Life
Dollar Store Christmas Tree Base Idea Create and Babble
Pie Plate and Pizza Pan Snowman The Kim Six Fix
Gingerbread House Snow Globe Refresh Restyle
13 thoughts on “Gingerbread House Snow Globe”
These are so cute… and using them in a table setting is such a great idea! Love them debbie!
These are darling! I like how you put them on the place settings too… pretty! Liz
I like the house elevated, with the snow under it – that was a great idea! So cute – I’m going to have to look for those gingerbread houses at our dollar store!
How cute! I have never seen those gingerbread houses at the dollar store, but now I’m going to look for them! This would be a fun craft to make with the grandkids. Pinning!
Thanks Jeanie, I am slightly obsessed with gingerbread houses this year!
Super tip about the bottle cap to elevate the gingerbread house.
ohhh, and Thank You for participating in the first ever Dollar Store Design Squad challenge. You’re going to keep me on my toes!
Thank you Gail!! Love the Dollar Store Design Squad!!