How to Stencil Fabric
I have a confession, I have never been a fan of stenciling. Yep, I have always taken short cuts and it never turned out right. I’m happy to say that I was armed with all the proper tools for this project and I have changed my mind, I love to stencil fabric. Take a look at this farmhouse pillow stencil idea!
Today I’m joining my Decor Enthusiast blogger friends and we’re all sharing our stenciled projects.
Supplies needed to stencil fabric:
- Fabric (I used a pillow cover.)
- Stencil – I used one of Debbiedoo’s Farmhouse stencils
- Stencil adhesive spray
- Stencil brush
- Stencil fabric paint
- Paper towel
- Place a piece of cardboard inside the pillow cover so the paint doesn’t bleed through the fabric.
- Spray the stencil with the stencil spray adhesive.
- Place the stencil on your fabric. Using your hand to press the stencil in place.
- Squeeze out a dollop of paint, load your brush with the fabric paint. Grab a paper towel and press the brush into the paper towel to removed some of the paint.
- Dab the brush over stencil.
- Remove the stencil.
- Follow the drying instructions of the paint.
I grabbed this pillow cover at Hobby Lobby for 50% off of $4.99 – great deal!!
Using the stencil spray and offloading the paint created this very crisp stencil project. See the close up of my farmhouse stencil.
I have a few more stencil projects in mind, maybe a grocery tote 🙂
Visit the other awesome stencil projects:
Click here: Restoration Redoux – Antique Dresser
Click here: Our Southern Home – Essential Oils Box
Click here: Refresh Restyle – How to Stencil Fabric
Click here: Duke Manor Farm – Cute Pillow Stencil
Click here: Artsy Chicks Rule – Nautical Compass Stencil
Join us next month for Spring Decor Using Baskets – vignette, centerpiece, wreath—-anything. Click here to become a part of our Decor Enthusiast Facebook community.