DIY SPRING DECOR CLOCHE
Hey y’all, it’s our favorite day of the month, time for our Thrift Store Decor Team to share ideas for refreshing our finds. I have a fun spring decor idea for you, a DIY Cloche with a bird nest! I have these bits and pieces, a glass globe, a brass candlestick and a messy nest.
Before we get started, let me give you a glimpse of the finished piece:
Items needed for project
- Glass globe
- Brass candle stick (or whatever you have)
- Bird nest
- Glue gun (I use Gorilla Glue sticks)
- Paint (blue, teal, white, black – I used chalk paint)
- Curtain rod finial
- Lid from a jar
- Faux Eggs
- Reindeer moss from Dollar Tree
Steps for the Project:
- Paint the candle stick. After a base coat of blue, I dry brushed with teal, white, and black.
- Use your glue gun to glue the curtain rod finial to jar lid.
- Paint the finial/lid the same way you painted the candle holder.
- After the paint dries, glue the finial to the top of the cloche (glass globe)
- Glue the nest to the top of the candle holder
- Using the glue gun, add moss to the nest.
- Place faux eggs on the nest.
- Place the cloche over nest and decorate for spring.
Creating Spring decor is easy with thrift store finds and a few things from around the house.
Now, go check out the other awesome ideas for thrift store decor:
Topiary Trees in Vintage Candlesticks for Spring Decor
Stoneware Crock Makeover
Repurposed Chandelier Succulent Planter
Cheese Box Flower Display
Watering Can Spring Wreath
Gold Dipped Step Stool Makeover
Spring Decor Cloche
Pin it for later:
See more thrifty ideas:
Table top Valet Mirror Makeover
6 thoughts on “DIY Spring Decor Cloche”
This is so creative and perfect for spring!
Debbie it turned out so cute!!!
This is super cute and I love the blue!
What a smart idea! Love it and the color you chose makes me happy 🙂
Leave it to you to take a bunch or random stuff and put it together to make the perfect Spring decor! You never cease to amaze me friend.
I LOVE the colors.
I almost bought one of those wooden lantern thingies with no glass (or whatever they are called) the other day at a little shop around here! And I love the idea of making a cloche out of a glass light globe!!!