Oh my word,
would you look at that!
Outdoor Living Ideas
It’s time for another round with my southern friends! Today we’re all sharing outdoor living ideas, I will link their blogs at the end of the post. I know you’re going to want to check them all out 🙂
I was thinking the other day about how much time we spend outside. In the summer, I think we’re outside more than we’re in. I want my outdoor spaces to as inviting as the inside of my house. There’s a little more upkeep outside, but it’s totally worth it.
Today I’m sharing some of the ways I make outdoor living more fun and affordable. Most everything here today was thrifted, free or found at a deep discount…my favorite way to spend money!
1. I decorate with personalized pillows, like this crab pillow cover. We don’t live on the beach, but I love coastal decor.
2. I serve drinks in pretty blue mason jars. Even plain old water looks more refreshing with a lime slice and a colorful straw!
3. We love grilled pizza…even if it’s a frozen pizza, it makes life even easier. Have a lazy meal on the porch.
3. Create outdoor art with using an old picket fence or a found pallet. You hang art inside, why not outside?
4. Outdoor rugs, outdoor pillows and outdoor prints create a cozy spot. Bonus points, for being weather proof.
5. Another refreshing idea, create a big mason jar of infused water.
6. Recycle a few cans and create cute votive candle holders…almost free! And you can paint them any color to coordinate with your decor.
7. Having a few people over for a cookout? Grab some grocery store flowers and a watering can, instant centerpiece.
8. Ceramic stools are everywhere. They make a great side table. This one was bargain find and all I did was spray painted it.
9. For a quick dessert, throw some fruit on the grill! Check out my recipe for these right here.
10. If a tree falls in your neighbors yard, beg for a couple logs! They make perfect tables, all the details here.
11. Before you donate those clothes, create a quick no-sew banner!
12. Plant your favorite flowers, so you can cut a few whenever you need them.
I hope I gave you a few refreshing affordabke ideas!
Be sure to visit my friends!
At Home With The Barkers
Top This Top That
Daisy Mae Belle
Our Southern Home
Sharing at: Fox Hollow Cottage
27 thoughts on “Outdoor Living Ideas”
Your ideas are great and awesome. As you are saying, we live outside rather than inside in summer, this is right and mostly people are sit outside in the morning and evening for taking tea, coffee and so on. If your outside area will be beautiful, then it always makes our day good and great. Outdoor always increase the value of home.
LOVE it ALL Debbie!! I’m on my way over to visit with you in your gorgeous outdoor space!! Thanks so much for sharing at the Fun in the Sun Linky Party! I featured you today!
Oh my word! I had no idea you made a stump tables too! Yours are beautiful, Debbie!! I love the frozen pizza idea too!! 😉 Hand me a cold beer and frozen pizza slice and Ill be happy for hours.
Come on over! Yes, those stump tables are awesome, I made them in Feb 2012 and they still look the same!
Great ideas, Debbie! Your outdoor spaces are so inviting. I’d love to sit on your pretty porch and enjoy a refreshing beverage served in a mason jar.
I’d love to have you over anytime for a mason jar drink 🙂
What a wonderful porch you have! This was a great post loaded with ideas!
Thanks Pat, let me know if you try any of the ideas 🙂
Beautiful porch Debbie… and so full of great summertime ideas!
Debbie – I just adore your colorful and perfectly decorated on a budget outdoor space!!! And those drinks in blue mason jars truly do look so extra refreshing! Wish I could stop by and hang with you out there as we munch on grilled pizza …
Everything about your porch is just perfect!!! I love everything about it! I really need to make that flag for our beach house and so want that crab pillow! So wonderful sharing each month with you! ~Christy
They would look great at your beach house 🙂 Thank you so much!
What a beautiful space! I love it all!
Thanks so much!
So many AMAZING ideas! LOVE that flag! I think I’m going to have to make one! Life to the full! Melissa
Thank you so much, yes make you one!
everything is fabulous and so summery!!! i want some grilled peaches please!
Grilled peaches coming right up!
So many great ideas Debbie! Your porch is beautiful and looks like it would have cost a fortune. Have a great day ~Sonya
I wish I had the fortune that I’ve saved 😉 Thanks!!
your porch is rocking it for summer. i just love that pallet flag…perfection. I am coming over. like right now.
Come on over 🙂