I’m not going to lie, when I first mentioned that I was putting an ottoman in our master bedroom closet, the first thing out of his mouth was…Where? There’s nothing like a beautiful tufted ottoman to kick start your organizing!
Are you frustrated, disorganized and don’t know where to start?
Closet organizing ideas start here:
Take baby steps. Donate on a regular basis and don’t give up! As a partner of Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart, I’m sharing how I used some of their products to motivate me. Included below is a free donation form that you can print off to keep a record of your donations.
- Start where you are most frustrated.
You know what they say, your personal space is the last to get a makeover. That’s been so true for us since we moved. The master closet was the last on the list. For the most part the clothes got hung up and the shoes have been in a heap on the floor since day one. Sure I would move them from one spot to another but they would end up everywhere and the main reason, there were just too many of them. (ok – and purses too)
Steps to gaining control…
- Donate more
- Trash more (never stop doing these 2 things)
- Find a system that works for you….bins, shoe racks, baskets, hangers.
- Added bonus – new lighting
- Separate clothing by color and seasons
- Use narrow hangers
- Add stylish accessories that make you love your space *Ottoman* plus it includes extra storage!
- Perfect for storing pillows, out of season clothing or anything. Great place to sit when putting your shoes on and it looks great too!
Vertical storage is always a good idea. The Better Homes and Gardens revolving shoe tree holds 18 pairs of shoes, I donated a lot of shoes. I haven’t missed any of them!
- Morning routines – made easy – when everything is in order and easily accessible.
Extra: Grab a donation form for your records.
Recommended storage items:
Better Homes and Gardens Round Tufted Storage Ottoman with Nailheads in Cream $89.00 in 3 different colors!
Follow along with Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart:
For more organizational ideas visit these other BHG blogs: Not Just a Housewife, Monica Wants It, Ask Anna, Designing, Dining, and Diapers, Dukes and Duchesses, I Heart Naptime, Fox Hollow Cottage, Today’s Creative Life, A Night Owl Blog
Giveaway is over, thanks for entering!