It’s time for the Dollar Store Design Squad! Today, I’m sharing: How to Make a Flamingo Wreath.
Summer is officially here in the south. We’ve been able to swim in the pool for at least 3 weeks! Barry and I both require the water temp to be as close to 80º as possible.
Summer fun = flamingos! I need all the flamingos!
Be sure to check out all the Dollar Store ideas at the end of this post!
It’s time to welcome summer with a fun pink flamingo!
Dollar Store Supplies:
- Wire Wreath
- Foam Wreath
- Floral Wire
- Burlap Ribbon
- Plastic Flamingo
- Wire cutters (I had these in my tool stash, but they do sell them at Dollar Tree)
- Glue Gun (already had this)
- Attach the foam wreath to the wire wreath using the floral wire. I did this to make it easy to add the flowers. Wrap the floral wire in at least 4 places to secure, cut the excess wire with wire cutters.
- Wrap the wreath form with burlap ribbon (or ribbon of your choice). Use a glue gun to secure the end of the ribbon.
- Cut flowers with wire cutters, push the end in to the foam wreath. Pushing through the burlap is easy.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the flamingo.
The wreath dresses up the potting bench and makes the area look fun and festive. I combined this wood pineapple that I found in the dollar spot at Target with a CC transfer to translate my love of summer. Between Dollar Tree and Target Dollar Spot, my summer decor is complete.
I almost forgot to mention my banner, it’s made from trash bags, also found at Dollar Tree. After a few quick cuts with my scissors I tied them to burlap string (you guessed it, also found at Dollar Tree).
Dollar Store Beach Bag Makeover Create and Babble
Clothespin Wreath My Repurposed Life
Hand Lettered Dollar Store Margarita Glasses + Free SVGs One Project Closer
Patriotic Etched Beer Mug The DIY Village
Flamingo Wreath Refresh Restyle
Candy is Dandy Cross Stitched Candy Jar The Kim Six Fix
Rooster Wall Décor Petticoat Junktion
Patriotic Bunting From Bandanas The Country Chic Cottage