Our Decor Enthusiast team challenge this month is to create something with one yard of fabric. I thought about recovering a foot stool, making a pillow and that’s about it. While shuffling through my fabric stash, it hit me. The minute I saw this ticking fabric: Farmhouse “Farm Fresh” Napkins.
Mattress ticking fabric just has a certain relaxed country look, it’s perfect for adding a little farmhouse flare to the table. This is a quick and easy project, no sewing required!
- The napkins are 18″ x 18″. I used a ruler to mark the fabric and cut it with pinking shears, mainly because I didn’t want to sew them. After cutting each napkin to size, I washed and dried them. The pinking shears created the perfect frayed edge. After I took them out of the drier, I trimmed the loose strings.
- Print the Farm Fresh printable (I have included it, just download it to your computer) print on inkjet transfer.
- Use the ruler to center your printable.
- Iron on printable according to the directions for the transfer paper.
The fabric washed and dried very well. It was a little wrinkled, I did iron it before adding the farm fresh printable. You can sew these if you’d like. I wanted a more casual look.
To download the free printable, click here: Farm Fresh Locally Grown
The printable is already in reverse and ready for you to print and add to your napkins – for personal use only please!
One yard of fabric + one free printable = Farm Fresh Napkins
They look perfect with my recent table makeover. <<— be sure to click and see it 😉 You’ll never guess where I found it!
Please visit all the projects from our Decor Enthusiast Team:
Refresh Restyle (me)
Join our Decor Enthusiast Style Facebook community. Share your projects, ask questions and meet people who love decorating their homes!
Play along with us on Instagram: tag your photos with #DecorEnthusiastStyle
Here’s how to play:
1. Add your own photo on Instagram starting today through Saturday
2. Tag it with the #DecorEnthusiastStyle hashtag
We will choose one winner that will be featured on all six IG feeds this Sunday!!
Pin It for Later:
Now you must see how I created my >>Farmhouse Table<< – yes it’s a do it yourself project that you can do too!