Overnight Bag – Cricut Tutorial
Who’s ready for some spring time weather? I know I am. And it’s the perfect time of year for camping. I thought this vinyl camper overnight bag would be so much fun for a quick weekend camping get-away…or any weekend trip for that matter. It would also make a cute gift for a friend as well. I hope you enjoy this project, I can’t wait to throw a couple outfits in this bag and head out for a family camping trip!
This bag from Walmart is perfect for adding a vinyl embellishment, I’ve included affiliate links to some of the products used.
Supplies for Overnight Bag:
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (Rose Pink)
- Cricut Vinyl Tools
- Overnight Bag
- Heat Press or Iron
- Decide on a design, and cut it out on your Cricut Explore Air 2 using the mirror image setting because you are ironing this design on. You can use any vinyl cutting machine you have or are comfortable with. I chose a camper design for this overnight bag.
- I like to go ahead and start preheating my heat press to 300 degrees (the vinyl manufacturer will have the temperature you need to heat to listed) or your iron to cotton setting at this point, so that it is ready when I have my design cut out and in place.
- Once your design it cut, use your weeding tool to weed out all the excess vinyl so that all that is left is your design, in this case leaving just your camper on the heat transfer paper.
- Now you are ready to place your camper on the bag. The heat transfer backing is a little sticky which helps when deciding on your design placement. I don’t use any special measurements, I just eyeball the placement of the design I am ironing on.
- Once you are happy with the placement you are ready for the heat press or iron which has been preheating to .
- Press the design on medium pressure for 10-15 seconds per area.
- Once it has cooled to touch you can remove the heat transfer backing and your bag is ready for your spring camping trip!
**The heat transfer vinyl you use will have what temperature you need to set your heat press to, so be sure and check that when heating you press.
I purchased this overnight at Walmart for $9.97…you can use any bag you would like. I just love stripes and thought this one was super cute, and inexpensive. I don’t know about you, but I love making budget friendly projects with my Cricut! Now go get creative!!!
See all the Spring Cricut Ideas:
Weekend Craft | Doodlecraft | Create & Babble
Inspiration Vault | Refresh Restyle | Daily DIY Life
See Lindsay | Cookies Coffee & Crafts | The Kim Six Fix
A Turtle’s Life for Me | Upright and Caffeinated | PS I Love You Crafts
Our Crafty Mom | The How-To Home | Real Girls Realm
14 thoughts on “Overnight Bag Cricut Tutorial”
I love to use tote bags for everything and these are such great ideas!
Cute design, and it looks so good in hot pink on the black and white stripes.
Since I have had my Cricut, I want to embellish all the things! The camper design you picked is so adorable!
I simply love this idea! What a great design for an overnight bag (love the camper!)!!
That camper svg is adorable! I love it! The Cricut is great for creating budget friendly items & gifts.
OMGosh I come from a family of campers . I love this
That little camper is too cute for words!! This is a fun project, for any kind of getaway. Boy walmart sure has stepped up their fashion game, I love the bag too.