How to make a perpetual calendar message board. My inspiration was a church attendance board, remember those?
Guess what today is, it’s Thrift Store Decor day! I excited for you to see all the transformations. My friends are so talented and you will find their projects listed at the end of the post.
I found this $2.99 beauty at Goodwill, when I shared my thrifty haul on Facebook, someone said it was a Lang calendar holder. In my mind all I could see was the old fashioned church attendance board. I’ve added affiliate links, here’s what I did.
- perpetual calendar holder
- flat Balsa wood strips- 2 sizes – I found these at Hobby Lobby
- glue (hot glue and tacky glue)
- letters or numbers ( click for: Lightbox letters)
- Spray paint the calendar holder. I also added stripes, optional and lightly sanded the whole piece.
- Measure and cut balsa wood strips to fit across the calendar holder.
- Glue the small strip to the larger one, this will create an area to hold the letter.
- Use the letter as a guide for spacing and hot glue the balsa wood strip to the holder.
- Place the letters to create your quote.
tip: I used tacky glue for the balsa wood, they are so small, you would burn your fingers!
Ok, I gotta know, are you watching This is us?? I had to include this 😉 If you’re not watching, you should.
I’m having fun with these quotes!
Now go check out the other ideas:
Desk Lamp Makeover – Domestically Speaking
Luggage Rack Side Table – My Repurposed Life
Antique Key Magnets – Petticoat Junktion
Message Board – me 🙂
Peony and Grapevine Wreath – Our Southern Home
World Map Makeover – My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Key Hook Cabinet Makeover – Sadie SeasonGoods
Repurposed Thrift Store Tray – House of Hawthornes
Need more ideas, click here: Thrift Store Decor ideas galore!