Auction’s for Alabama @ Restore Interiors-ends June 1st!!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Cruising the web, I found this at another lovely blog (House of Fifty) and I think she got it from (Flipflops & Pearls) and she got it…well you can check them out and nose around! Have fun!
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2010.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Hope you’re having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I’m at the lake, relaxing on the deck while Refresh is riding around in the boat, swimming, eating and taking my advice (or the advice that I copied from some smart people)!
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
– Lee Greenwood
14 thoughts on “Monday with Murphy: Advice”
Lovely Murphy and positive message. Browsed your posts, all interesting. Good idea of home decoration.
Thanks for browsing! Come back anytime!
What a beautiful post. Murphy is adorable!
Thanks Debbie, she is a wonderful addition to the family!
What great advice! I love it. I will tell my kids one or two each day. Oh and I love the Lake Martin pillow! Thanks for visiting me. I’m a new follower too.
what great tips! I need to print these out for this summer for me and the kids
excellent words of wisdom there..i love murphy! thanks for stopping by my blog!
Murphy is too cute! What a great post. LOVE this. Great advice Murphy!!!! Excellent way to kick off the week.
Thanks Kim! I am proud of Murphy! 🙂
Thanks SueAnn, hope you’re having a great weekend!
Thank you Murphy! Great advice…all!!!
Happy Memorial Day to you too