DIY BUNNY TOPIARY EASTER HOME DECOR
Make this bunny topiary for Easter, it’s perfect for tablescapes, shelf sitting or anywhere you need a little bunny decor.
Each month our Dollar Store Design squad gets together for fun and easy DIY ideas and they are oh so affordable! I love walking in to the Dollar Tree and leaving with anything I want, haha big spender.
Here are the Bunny Topiary supplies that I grabbed at Dollar Tree:
- terracotta pots
- signs with bunny attached
- craft foam
- sticks (from the yard)
- hot glue gun with glue sticks (already had this)
- Spray paint (from my collection)
- craft paint (from my craft stash)
Steps to create Bunny Topiary:
- gather supplies
- remove staples to release bunny.
- Paint with spray paint, I use black chalkboard paint but you can use any color
After the chalkboard paint dried, I sanded to lightly distress the bunnies. I also used some of the white craft paint and a small paint brush to outline the shape.
- paint pots (any color you choose)
- dry-brush with white craft paint (optional)
- cut foam
- add a drop of hot glue to the bottom of the pot, place craft foam in the pot, push stick in to the foam
- add hot glue to the top of the foam and add moss
- cut a piece of ribbon and tie around the stick
I used my hot glue gun to attach the painted bunnies to the sticks. You could also use dowels, I wanted them to have a rustic farmhouse look. These were so quick and easy to make.
Perfect for Easter decor, they are affordable and easy to coordinate with any decor. You could paint them to match your style and make several for just a few dollars.
Be sure to check out the other Dollar Store Squad Ideas:
DOLLAR STORE SPRING PROJECTS
Pin if for later:
MORE AFFORDABLE HOME DECOR IDEAS: