Hey friends, Jenni is back with a fun patriotic themed vinyl project for you today.
I thought this oval galvanized tub would be perfect addition to my 4th of July gathering. I just made the galvanized tub a little more festive with my Cricut Explore Air 2 and some vinyl. The patriotic vinyl tub will be perfect for keeping drinks cool for you and your guest. I just love having family and friend over and what better time than the 4th. Hope you have some fun plans for your holiday! I have included affiliate links for items used.
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Vinyl-red, white and blue
- Transfer tape
- Vinyl cutting mat
- Vinyl tools-scissors, scraper and weeder
- Galvanized tub
- Decide on your design or quote…Red White & Cheers.
- Place your vinyl (vinyl side up) on your Cricut cutting mat.
- Load it in your Cricut Explore Air 2 or whichever vinyl cutting machine you choose to use.
- Cut your design/quote.
- Remove from your vinyl cutting machine and remove the mat.
- Trim around your design with scissors, removing excess vinyl.
- Weed out the excess vinyl, leaving only your design on the vinyl backing paper.
- Trim your transfer tape so that it will be big enough to cover your design.
- Peel the backing off the transfer tape.
- Place transfer tape over the design you cut on your Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Using your scraper, scrape over the design until your quote sticks to the transfer tape.
- Now you are ready to place the transfer tape with your quote on your galvanized oval tub in the desired location (I just eyeball it).
- Using your scraper, rub over your design which will transfer your quote to the galvanized tub.
- Slowly peel up your transfer tape making sure the design is stuck to the galvanized tub.
This project was really quick and easy. And it has transformed the galvanized tub from ordinary to so much fun! It was also relatively inexpensive, I paid less than $8.00 for the galvanized tub. And if some day you decide you want to change it from a patriotic theme to something else, just peel the vinyl off and change it out. I hope you enjoyed this project. Now, get out there and get creative!
**Fonts used in this project are Arial Black for the red and white, Salsabilla for the & and blue.
**Instead of transfer tape i just use clear contact paper to transfer the vinyl images.
Check out all the other ideas:
Weekend Craft • DoodleCraft • Upright and Caffeinated • Create & Babble • Refresh Restyle • Cookies, Crafts and Coffee • seeLINDSAY • The Inspiration Vault • The How-To Home • Our Crafty Mom • Real Girls Realm • Dragonfly & Lily Pads
More ideas for summer, click each title: