Rustic Wooden Sign
Rustic wooden signs are getting easier and easier to make. With a vinyl cutting machine, like Cricut or Silhouette you can produce just about any sign that you can think of. I love this popular sentiment, don’t you!!
Oh wait, there’s more…be sure to check out all the Cricut Home Decor Ideas at the bottom of the post. There’s 14!
I love the idea of telling your friends to come on in and stay awhile…so I thought this would be perfect for hanging in my home. This vinyl sign project turned out even better than I imagined it would! I hope this inspires you to get busy making one of your own. I have included affiliate links for products used.
Supplies Needed for Rustic Sign:
Process for Vinyl Cutting Machine:
- Decide on your design or quote.
- Place your vinyl (vinyl side up) on your Cricut cutting mat.
- Load it in your Cricut Explore Air 2 or whichever vinyl cutting machine you choose to use.
- Cut your design/quote.
- Remove from your vinyl cutting machine and remove the mat.
- Trim around your design with scissors, removing excess vinyl.
- Weed out the excess vinyl, leaving only your design on the vinyl backing paper.
- Trim your transfer tape so that it will be big enough to cover your design.
- Peel the backing off the transfer tape.
- Place transfer tape over the design you cut on your Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Using your scraper, scrape over the design until your quote sticks to the transfer tape.
- Now you are ready to place the transfer tape with your quote on your rustic wood sign in the desired location (I just eyeball it).
- Using your scraper, rub over your design which will transfer your quote to the wood sign.
- Slowly peel up your transfer tape making sure the design is stuck to the wood sign.
This was such a quick easy project. And very inexpensive. I love being able to create cute projects for a good price. The rustic wood sign used was only $7.98 from Walmart. Now get out there and get creative!
**I used the font Mashroom which I purchased from Font Bundles.
Now check out all these beautiful Cricut ideas!
Click to each to see all 14 home decor ideas:
Buffalo Check Wooden Pumpkin from Weekend Craft • Inspirational Candles from Happy Go Lucky • Rustic Wooden Sign from Refresh Restyle • Paper Pumpkins from Create & Babble • Charting Embroidery with the Cricut from The Kim Six Fix • Rainbow Bookends from SeeLINDSAY • Dollar Tree Sign Upcycled For Fall from Daily DIY Life • Coco Inspired Pillows from Upright and Caffeinated • Pumpkin Spice Latte Towel with the Cricut EasyPress from Cookies, Coffee and Crafts • Fall Inspired Sign from Every’s Creations • Quick and Easy Home Decor with Your Cricut: One Cricut SVG File 12 Ways! from Happily Ever After, Etc • DIY Clipboard Wall Art from Real Girls Realm • Welcome Fall Cricut Shadow Box from the Inspiration Vault • Fall Wreath from Our Crafty Mom